Many individuals experience dental anxiety for a variety of reasons. No matter what the reason, it is important that individuals not allow their anxiety to keep them from receiving proper dental care. If you are looking for a way to overcome your dental anxiety in Hays, KS there are a few key things that you should know about sedation dentistry.
As the name indicates, sedation dentistry involves sedating individuals in order to complete dental procedures. This allows individuals to receive the dental services they need without the apprehensions of anxiety, stress or fear that they may commonly feel when visiting the dentist. For those with extreme anxiety or phobia, this option can be quite helpful.
Dr. Jeffrey Lowe provides a few different sedation methods.
• nitrous oxide sedation: A mixture of nitrous oxide gas and oxygen are administered through a mask that fits over the nose and mouth. Inhaling the mixture puts patients in a relaxed state.
• IV sedation: An IV is used to deliver a sedative directly into the bloodstream.
• oral sedation: The patient is given an oral sedative. This method is considered to be quite similar to IV sedation, with a change in the manner in which the sedative is delivered.
There are a few benefits to undergoing sedation dentistry.
• Being under makes it feel as if less time has gone by.
• The sedative state can last for hours if need be, which can help reduce number of visits needed to complete a procedure.
• The sedatives promote relaxation and comfort.
• Individuals feel more comfortable with going to the dentist and therefore will be more likely to maintain their health through regular visits.
Along with the sedation itself, your relationship with your dentist is also important. Dr. Lowe is committed to treating each patient with respect and genuine care. This is proven through the extensive list of satisfied, repeat patients. Call and schedule your appointment today to see for yourself that Dr. Lowe and the rest of the dedicated team are truly one of a kind.